chris
chris, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master -Ford senior master-20 years experience

i need picture of heater hose routing all of them somebody

i need picture of heater hose routing all of them somebody cut hoses off to bypass leaking heatercore
Category: Ford
Expert:  chris replied 5 years ago.

Hi there

Need some info ,,,year make and model ,,,and what engine is in it

we can go back and forth on this page

Chris

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
98 FORD EXPEDITION 50 ENGINE SOMEBODY CUT HOSES OFF TO REROUTE OR BYPASS HEATERCORE HAVE NEW HOSES BUT LOOKS LIKE SOMETHING ROUTING PICTURE WOULD BE HELPFUL
Expert:  chris replied 5 years ago.

it does not matter which way water flows through the heater core so dont worry if you get that wrong ,,

I can not find a pic of this ,,,but lets try this ---starting on the drivers side of the heater core , this hose runs to the passenger front of the intake manifold --its the long straight hose

and the right side heater core hose goes to the right rear of the intake manifold , there is a tube there,,,,its the shorter of the hoses and has a lot of curves in it

if this does not clear up you problem ,,then tell me and I will opt out of this question and see if someone else has a pic for you

Chris

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
THIS VEHICKLE HAS A REAR HEATER ALSO
Expert:  chris replied 5 years ago.

Sorry ,it took me some time to find one on the lot -- ok -- with rear heater -- it looks like the same deal ,, the drivers side heater core hose comes off the heater core and goes to the right front of the intake manifold,, the hose also has a T in it and it goes down the right side of the engine

and the right side heater core hose comes off the right side of the heater core and goes to the right rear of the intake manifold ,, there is a tube back there ,, and it also has a T on it that goes down the right side of the engine ,,

both hose ends that go to the front heater core should have the quick disconect conections on them ,,,and the others should just be hose clamps

again it does not really mater which hoses goes ware on the heater cores ,,,either the front or rear ,, water can run through it both ways

Chris

chris, Ford Mechanic
Experience: ASE Master -Ford senior master-20 years experience