lostrider
lostrider, Ford Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, Ford Senior Master Technician,Diesel certified, ASE Master, 22 yrs FORD exp.
9493671

how can u bypass the security code to start the engine the

how can u bypass the security code to start the engine the ignition was smashed out i can not move the truck
Category: Ford
Expert:  lostrider replied 5 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-What year is your Ford?
-What model is your Ford?
-What type of engine is in your Ford?
-What part of the ignition is broken, the key cylinder or the steering column?
-Do you still have the keys to the truck?
Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
its an 04 Ranger 4x4 auto 4L key tumbler smashed apart do not even have the keys
Expert:  lostrider replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the reply, sorry to say but there is no way to bypass the PATs system, The Processor and the instrument cluster looks at the coded key and gives the signal for the truck to start, its not a hard wire system, it is a program and its designed not to start,If you had the key, and the transponder on the steering column wasn't damaged, you can drill out the cylinder and use a screw driver to turn the ignition and place the key beside the transponder and the truck would start, But without the keys the only way to move is to push or have the truck towed. Sorry.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I was afraid of that if I took the transponder and computer out of another truck it shoud work right

Expert:  lostrider replied 5 years ago.

You will have to have the processor, transceiver and the programed keys for the system to function, and the processor has to be from a like vehicle with the same processor calibration or tear tag code.

The PATS transceiver module communicates with the encoded ignition key. The module is located behind the steering column shroud and contains an antenna connected to a small electronics module. During each vehicle start sequence, the transceiver module reads the encoded ignition key identification code and sends data to the PCM.

The control functions are contained in the PCM. This module carries out all of the PATS functions, such as receiving the identification code from the encoded ignition key and controlling the engine enable. The PCM initiates the key interrogation sequence when the vehicle ignition switch is turned to RUN or START.

All elements of the PATS must be functional before the engine is allowed to start. If any of the components are not working correctly, the vehicle will not start.

The PATS uses a visual theft indicator. The indicator will prove out for three seconds when the ignition switch is turned to RUN or START under normal operation. If there is a PATS concern, this indicator will either flash rapidly or glow steadily when the ignition switch is turned to RUN or START. The PATS system also flashes the theft indicator every two seconds at ignition OFF to act as a visual deterrent.

The following will activate the PATS and will disable the vehicle from starting:

• incorrectly encoded ignition key
  • damaged encoded ignition key
  • unprogrammed key
  • non-encoded key (key has no electronics)
  • damaged wiring
  • damaged transceiver
  • damaged PCM

lostrider, Ford Technician
Experience: ASE Master Technician, Ford Senior Master Technician,Diesel certified, ASE Master, 22 yrs FORD exp.