lostrider
lostrider, Ford Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, Ford Senior Master Technician,Diesel certified, ASE Master, 22 yrs FORD exp.
9493671

How do I remove the interior ceiling light assembly in order

How do I remove the interior ceiling light assembly in order to change the bulb? I have a Ford Focus 2006 ZX4.
Category: Ford
Expert:  lostrider replied 5 years ago.
Does your car have a sunroof?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
NO
Expert:  lostrider replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the reply, here is the procedure, go only as far as you need to replace the light.

Console - Overhead

graphic
ItemPart NumberDescription
1 13776 Interior light
2 - Overhead console electrical connectors (2 required) (part of 14335)
3 W505002 Overhead console screws (5 required)
4 045B54 Overhead console

Removal and Installation

All vehicles

1. Disconnect the battery.
  1. Using a suitable tool, A pocket screwdriver works well here, separate the interior light from the overhead console.
  1. Disconnect the 2 electrical connectors and remove the interior lamp.

With roof opening panel

1. CAUTION: To avoid damage, the overhead console trim panel must only be pulled downwards enough to release the retaining clips.

Disconnect the overhead console trim panel from the overhead console.
    1. Using a suitable tool, release the front retaining clips.
    1. Pull the overhead console trim panel downwards to release the side retaining clips.
    1. Push the overhead console trim panel forward to release the rear retaining clips.
  1. graphicDisconnect the roof opening panel control switch electrical connector.
  1. Remove the 2 retaining screws and remove the overhead console from the roof panel.
  1. Release the front and side retaining clips, push the overhead console forward to release the rear retaining clips and remove the overhead console.

Without roof opening panel

1. Remove the 5 screws, release the retaining clips and remove the overhead console.

All vehicles

1. NOTE: Make sure the overhead console retaining plate, which is attached to the upper surface of the headliner, is correctly installed.

To install, reverse the removal procedure.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I guess I asked the wrong question.

I'm trying to remove the entire interior dome light assembly. The owner's manual says to pull down on the tab that points to the front of the car. I have pulled on it but I'm afraid of breaking the plastic dome light assembly if I pull any harder. Any ideas: pull harder or what?
Expert:  lostrider replied 5 years ago.
No this was my bad, I thought you had a overhead console, sorry, here is the procedure, it will take a little force to remove the light.

Replacing interior lamps

1. Make sure the headlamp switch is

in the OFF position.

2. Switch off the interior lamps.

3. Pry out the light assembly with a

flat screwdriver at the side opposite

the switch.

Install in reverse order.

Replacing reading bulbs

1. Open the reading lamp assembly.

2. Pull the bulb straight out and

replace it.

3. After the bulb has been replaced,

close the lamp assembly.

Install in reverse order.

lostrider, Ford Technician
Experience: ASE Master Technician, Ford Senior Master Technician,Diesel certified, ASE Master, 22 yrs FORD exp.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This is the exact anser that is in the owner's manual. I'll try it again, but the assembly will not come out.