Tim
Tim, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master tech, ASE certified
9591582

2007 Ford explorer: The gear shift light bulb in the consul..burnt

The gear shift light bulb in the consol of my 2007 Ford explorer burnt out. How do I replace this lamp.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Tim replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try and assist you with this concern.

So the only light not working is the fearshift light?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes it is the little LED light to let you know whitch gear you are in at night.
Expert:  Tim replied 5 years ago.

Ok I dont think you can replace just the bulb I believe you have to replace the entire bezel. Once you get to the bezel you will see if you can remove the bulb seperatly.

Here is the instructions on the bezel removal.

graphic

ItemPart NumberDescription
1 061A16 Selector lever bezel ring
2 W705796 Front floor console center finish panel screws
3 78045B44 Front floor console center finish panel
4 - Selector lever knob set screw
5 7213 Selector lever knob
6 7D443 Selector lever bezel
7 7C444 Selector lever housing slider

1. Remove the front floor console.
  1. Disconnect the Transmission Control Switch (TCS) electrical connector and feed the wire through the selector lever housing.

graphic

Slide the selector lever knob lower trim cover downward.

graphic

Remove the set screw and remove the selector lever knob while routing the TCS harness out of the selector lever housing.

graphic

Remove the selector lever bezel from the selector lever housing.

graphic

That should be all yuo need.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Once I get that off is it the bulb that needs replaced or a wiring harness
Expert:  Tim replied 5 years ago.
If you can get just the bulb which I doubt than just replace the bulb> I believe you will need to get the entire bezel to get the parts and it will probbaly come with wiring and bulb.
Tim, Ford Technician
Experience: Ford Senior Master tech, ASE certified