CTFordTech
CTFordTech, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master School Certified, Kia Elite School Certified, ASE Certified, A/C 609 Certified
9926638

Ford 500 just went in to failsafe mode What is this?

Ford 500 just went in to "failsafe mode" What is this?
Category: Ford
Expert:  CTFordTech replied 7 years ago.

HelloCustomerand Thank you for choosing Just Answer.

The failsafe mode is to help protect the vehicle from any further damage. With the 500, 99% of the time the Electronic Throttle Body or ETB is bad and will need replacing. It is a fairly common problem on the vehicle. Your vehicle no longer hasa cable attached to the gas pedal, It is all electronic.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
should I stop driving it immediately or can I drive it but get it to the shop tomorrow?
If the vehicle still drives fine, Then I would keep driving it and then bring it to a repair shop. The only thing that happenes sometimes is the vehicle will stall, But will start back up. If the vehicle is not driving good or you do not feel comfortable driving the car, I wouldrecommend having it towed. Hope this helps.