CTFordTech
CTFordTech, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master School Certified, Kia Elite School Certified, ASE Certified, A/C 609 Certified
9926638

2006 Ford Explorer XLT: headrests..button to press, only a pull-tab

Customer Question

How do I remove the rear headrests of a 2006 Ford Explorer XLT? (There is not button to press, only a pull-tab that allows me to raise or lower the headrest but not remove completely).
Category: Ford
Expert:  CTFordTech replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomerand Thank you for choosing Just Answer. You will need a very skinny pick to stick into the holes on the sides of the headrests to release them. Here is a picture:
graphic
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I had already tried that but to no avail. When I stick something in the headrest holes, nothing happens. Any other suggestions?

You have to have the headrest all the way up and you have to be pulling up on the headrest slighty while pushing the pin inside the hole.