breakaway500, 35 years as an auto mechanic
Experience:  Own my own auto repair shop for over 16 years,same location

2002 Ford Focus: Where exactly is the starter

Where exactly is the starter on a 2002 Ford Focus located? What would be the most efficient and quickest way to remove the starter?
Hi.Which motor do you have,the sohc or the dohc?Your 8th digit of your vin will tell me.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The eighth digit is a 3.

I would like to replace the starter on my own, but without having to lift the car.

The starter is located on the back side of the motor.It bolts to the transaxle.It is quite difficult to do on the ground.You have the DOHC Zetec engine.Disconnect the battery.You will have to remove the air box assy to gain access to two of the bolts on the starter. The third bolt is on the side of the starter,and accessed from beneath. The starter then drops out.graphic