JuanS
JuanS, Ford Master Technician
Experience:  Ford employed certified master tech 10yrs. ASE certifications, Think neighbor, Escape/Fusion Hybrid
12752977

D ignition coil on an 05 escape- i have error code p0354

Customer Question

where is the d ignition coil on an 05 escape- i have error code p0354
Category: Ford
Expert:  JuanS replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomerThanks for using justanswer.com

To help assist you better I need to ask you one question,
What size motor do you have. 3.0l v6 or 2.3 i4
Thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it is a v6 - the code is p0354 ( it won't idle well)- i borrowed a code reader. which coil is d and is it easy to replace?
Expert:  JuanS replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the info,

Yes its easy to replace. Coil d, is actually cylinder #4 which is located, if you are looking at the engine from the front of the vehicle its the coil all the way to the passenger side. The middle would be #5 or E, and to the driverside would be #6 or F.
Should be a 8mm screw that hold the coil in. You also may have to remove the engine cover which is 3 8mm nuts holding it in place. Here's a pic to help identify.
Also this code indicates a circuit fault which means the coil could be bad, but if its not, then your problem will be with the wiring to coil. The coil is most common though.
I hope this info helps, if it does please click accept. If you need more before your completely satisfied, let me know!
graphic