Protech31, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years plus as a ASE master technican/Ford technician and instructor.

car wont start..jump blower shuts off and clock goes

car wont start due to cold weather. Tried to jump start did not work. put new battery in and when I try to start now blower shuts off and clock goes off on radio
Category: Ford
Expert:  Protech31 replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-What year is your Ford?
-What model is your Ford?
-How many miles are on your Ford?
-What type of engine is in your Ford?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
2003 ford tarus 77000 miles v6 put in new battery thats all I have triedafter trying to jump start with no success. car will not even turn over after putting in new battery could I have blown a fuse
Expert:  Protech31 replied 7 years ago.

Do the headlight and everything stay bright when you try and crank it?

Is there any clicking from the starter during cranking?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
headlights stay bright but the radio and and the heat turn off when you try and start the car. The car makes a single click when you try to start it but i dont think its the starter that makes the clicking sound
Expert:  Protech31 replied 7 years ago.
Ok what you want to due is diconnect the battery and then go the the starter and remove all the wires and clean the connections real good, chances are the small red wire that goes to the S terminal on the starter is corroded and causing your concern.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

where is the fuse box on the car is it possible a fuse is blown

Expert:  Protech31 replied 7 years ago.
If you are hearing a click I would not think it to be a fuse. The fuse box under the hood has two fuses you will want to check, fuse #7 and 27.The fuse box(BJB) is loacted right next to the battery above the fan.