A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance

1997 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4x4 Instrument Panel Gauges

1997 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4x4: Instrument Panel Gauges do not work. When the vehicle is on, the gauges look as if the vehicle is off. The 4x4 options work but the panel does not display which mode you are in. The odometer does not move neither. What are the possible problems? Fuse(s)?
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-How many miles are on your Ford?
-What type of engine is in your Ford?
-What have you already tried?
-Do any of the warning indicators light up(check engine, abs, airbag)?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
180K miles

4.6L: V8

No Warning Inidcator Lights work

I was going to try replacing the appropriate fuses but they are only available from the dealer. When I called the dealer, they said it may be something more serious.

They are right. Non respnonding instrument clusters could be a bigger problem than fuses. Fuses 11,25,15 and 33 in the dash fuse box are for the instrument cluster. If they are good it will need to go to the dealership for repairs.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Can u please list the possible problems besides the fuses?
Usually when a cluster is completely inop or unresposive, it needs to be checked over. Serveral problems could be the cause, wiring to the cluster, the cluster printed circuit board or other modules. If really needs to go to a technician good diagnosiing electrical problems and can physically look at the vehicle. The dealership is hte best place to take it.
This the schematics for the cluster.graphicgraphicgraphicgraphicgraphicgraphic