Protech31
Protech31, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years plus as a ASE master technican/Ford technician and instructor.

What is the warranty on lemom buy back trucks..guys

Customer Question

what is the warranty on "lemom buy back trucks"? i want to verify the polocy before i buy with someone other than the guys at the dealership.thanks
Category: Ford
Expert:  Protech31 replied 5 years ago.

Hi blueox4,

What is the year, make and model of the vehicle?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
2004 ford f250 super duty crewcab 6.0 turbo diesel
Expert:  Protech31 replied 5 years ago.

Here is policy on RAV vehicle for warranty

Reacquired Vehicles

A reacquired vehicle (RAV) is a vehicle repurchased by Ford from a retail owner as a result of a

Goodwill decision, BBB AUTOLINE decision, State Lemon Law decision, or legal settlement

requirement. A 12 months/12,000 miles (12 month/unlimited miles for vehicles resold in

California) RAV warranty is provided to the first retail customer after buyback.

The RAV Warranty coverage begins on the date and mileage at the time the vehicle is sold to

the first retail customer after buyback - NOT - when the bumper to bumper coverage expires.

Additionally, the RAV warranty coverage runs concurrently with other warranties still in effect

on the vehicle.

NOTE: Because of many state laws, Company policy requires that RAVs may not be

resold unless the vehicle is properly disclosed and registered for the RAV warranty

(Wholesaling of RAVs is not permitted.)

REACQUIRED VEHICLE (RAV) DISCLOSURE AND WARRANTY REGISTRATION

NOTE: This procedure applies to U.S. Dealers only.

Ford Motor Company requires disclosure of all Reacquired Vehicles (RAVs). Dealers are to

disclose the RAV to the first retail customer after reacquisition and resale by the Company. The

dealer is to sign the RAV Disclosure Agreement (Form FCS-8535) at auction. The dealer also

signs the Reacquired Vehicle Resale Disclosure and Warranty Notice (Form FCS-8520) at

auction. The dealer is to complete the #8520, disclose and review the contents of the #8520

with the customer and obtain the purchasing customer's signature on the #8520 and Warranty

Repair History at the time of sale. These documents, when received at RAV Headquarters, also

activate the RAV Warranty.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

is the coverage " bumper to bumper" ? the dealer is also telling me that in addition there is a 48 month/100,000 warranty on this vehicle at no charge?i have asked them for a copy of the warranty info but he sz i'll get it after the paperwork is done...kinda makes me leery.

Expert:  Protech31 replied 5 years ago.
The 12/12 is bumper to bumper, The 48/100,000 is and Premium extend care warranty which covers the powertrain and certian body/electrical component.The dealer should be able to provide you with a copy of the warranty and it's coverages before you buy it.
Protech31, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 20 years plus as a ASE master technican/Ford technician and instructor.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thank-you so very much...sets my mind at ease.hope you have a great evening
Expert:  Protech31 replied 5 years ago.
Your Welcome and have fun with your new truck....