Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford Lincoln/Mercury and Jaguar dealer as a technician and shop foreman.
10437779

2001 ford windstar: I replaced fuelpump and filter

2001 ford windstar, I replaced fuelpump and filter and it still will not start.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Richard replied 8 years ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

I assume that the engine is cranking but not starting. Is the theft light flahsing rapidly on the dash? If you hold your foot on the gas pedal will the engine start and run? Have you checked for fuel or spark?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The theft light does flash. I do not hear the fuel pump charging the system when the ignition is engaged. engine just cranks and cranks.
Expert:  Richard replied 8 years ago.

Ok

So it's flashing fast while the engine is not starting? Do you have another programmed key you can try?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The theft light flashes fast when ignition is on. I do not have another key.
Expert:  Richard replied 8 years ago.
When the theft light is flashing fast the PATS system is preventing the engine from starting. This will be difficult to diagnose without the Ford scan tool. You should make sure that you do not have any blown fuses and check the connection at the PATS transceiver around the igntion cylinder. If all is ok with those then you will need to have the van towed to the dealer.