davehop, Ford Technician
Experience:  Fully certified in all phases of automotive repair as recognized and certified by Ford Motor Company

2001 Ford Taurus SE: with 3.0L V6 engine NOT dual overhead cam

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Ford Taurus SE with 3.0L V6 engine NOT dual overhead cam. We need to change the water pump but do not know how to remove the automatic tensioner. How do you remove the automatic tensioner to get to the water pump?
Category: Ford
Expert:  davehop replied 7 years ago.
you need to insert a belt tensioner removal tool onto the pulley and pull the tool towards the front of the car, the tool is needed due to the tight cleaence between the front of the engine and the body, it has a thin profile designed to fit in there.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

This is not the answer to the question asked. We already removed the belt, what we needed to do was remove the tensioner altogether, and my husband found out how to do that elsewhere and we have the tensioner and water pump off the car now.

Honestly, I'm not satisfied, and I would like my money back.

Thank you,

Mrs. Stripe