Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford Lincoln/Mercury and Jaguar dealer as a technician and shop foreman.
10437779

disable my pats security system. There must be a simple diy method.

Customer Question

I want to disable my pats security system. There must be a simple diy method. What can you tell me with out suggesting I see my stealership?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Richard replied 8 years ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

What is the year and model of your Ford vehicle? Why do you want to bypass the PATS?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

It's a 2000 Windstar LX

I'm always loosing or misplacing my keys. I want to have several made at a hardware store. I can afford to be getting keys at my dealership.

Expert:  John Mc replied 8 years ago.

if this answer is helpful, please accept so i can recieve payment.

it is easy to bypass the system. you need to take one of the keys that works, remove the steering column cover secure the key under the key cylinder so it will pick up the signal from the chip. if you want you can cut the metal key off you just need the plastic part of the key because that is where the chip is. put the covers back on and now it should start with a standard metal key.

hope this helps

Expert:  Richard replied 8 years ago.

Ok

You can do what Ford master says as that should work. If you do not want to do that there are kits that you can buy.

www.slickcar.com/productdetails.asp?ProductID=2209