Scottdagoalie, Senior Master Tech.
Experience:  30 years with Ford dealers

My battery light comes on when I accelerate

my battery light comes on when I accelerate
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-What year is your Ford?
-What model is your Ford?
-How many miles are on your Ford?
-What type of engine is in your Ford?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

2004 ford escape

about 50, 000 miles

6 cylinder

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the battery light use to come on only when I accelerated, but today it stayed on the whole time I was driving. the car starts with no problem and seems to run fine. I drive a lot of miles to and from work everyday and I am afraid to get stuck on the highway
The Charging system is a stand alone system ,the only component that can cause this concern is the alternator. We have replaced a few,beware of aftermarket units though.We've had bad luck with non-Ford remanufactured units.
The charging system may be getting weak causing the warning lamp to come on.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the car does not seem to pull any extra "juice" ie the lights don't dim. I thought it was the alternator, but wasn't sure because I had other alternators go in other cars and this one seems different ... also my ford has not had the ABS recall work done yet... is there any other possible answers
No,not really. Like I said before,it's a stand alone system that has no affect from other systems.The Abs recall is a connector inspection that is not related to the charging system.The alternator provides charging for battery and sends fault lamp signal to instrument cluster.It may be charging enough but failing in the fault indicator circuit.