Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

R&R 2000 F150 rear disc brakes to 1997 F150 rear drum brakes.

Customer Question

Category: Ford
Expert:  Glenn replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomer/p>

Would you please tell us more about what information you are requesting ? I gather you might be asking if you can install the 97 Drum brake system on your 2000 Truck ?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have a 2000 F150 with rear disc brakes and a burned up engine and under hood wiring (cruise control fire) . I also have a '97 F150 with rear drum brakes. I would like to put the rear discs brakes from the 2000 unto the '97. I know I can change the backing plates and install the calipers-but do I need to change the master cylinder and proportioning valve? Are there any other obstacles in doing this work?

Thanks, Norm
Expert:  Glenn replied 8 years ago.

As far as I know, yes, you will need to change those parts as well. If you have abs you'll have other issues as well.

I'll opt out of this and return the question to the queue and hopefully someone will have some first hand info on this issue.