chris, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master -Ford senior master-20 years experience

How do i program my 2000 ford mustang spare key to start my car

how do i program my 2000 ford mustang spare key to start my car

Hi there

Need some info ----how many keys do you have now that work on the car right now ---and how many keys do you want to add to the car .

we can go back and forth on this page

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i have 2 keys one orginal and the spare, it use to work before i had some work done on my car now when i try to use it the car will not turn over and the secuity light constantly flash

You can program a spare key to your car only if you have two keys that work on the car and then you can program a third key on your own with no help from a Ford dealer

but if you only have one key that works on the car and you want to program a second key to the car then you will have to bring the car and the keys to a dealer and have them programed,,,they will have to hook up a computer to the car and program them ,,,

but I would call around to at least three dealers in your area because the price for doing this can very a lot,,,I work at a Ford dealer in AZ,,and we charge $50 to do this ,,but there are other dealers near us that can charge up to three times that amount to program a key ---so call around and you can save some money