Tim
Tim, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master tech, ASE certified
9591582

How much will it cost to fix my ford four wheel drive?

how much will it cost to fix my ford four wheel drive?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Tim replied 5 years ago.
What is wrong with it? What type vehicle? Year? Model?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Ford Explorer..Automatic...2002

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My four wheel don't work. If i get it fix, how much it will cost me?
Expert:  Tim replied 5 years ago.
If you just need a shift motor you will probably be looking at about $350.00. If it is just a fuse you will probably be looking at $80 - $100. If it is the front hubs $500 .

Would you like some help to try and figure out what is wrong?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Well its supposedly automatic four wheel, i was trying to use it on icy road but it won't work. Do i need to do or press something first? because i've been trying to press the Auto 4x4 it didn't work.
Expert:  Tim replied 5 years ago.
The auto should automatically kick in when it senses that the front and rear driveshaft are not spinning at the same speed. Can you put it in 4 hi and get theXXXXXto work? These are bad about the transfer case shift motors not working. If you tap the transfer case motor with someone turning the switch you may be abl eto get the motor to free up.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The auto 4x4 is not working. What should i do? should i bring it to the Shop and get it fixed? How much will they charge me for that, including labor?
Expert:  Tim replied 5 years ago.
Depending on what they find the cost can vary. Most shops will charge 1 hour labor to check out the system depending on there rate. In my shop that would be $95.00 and then you would get a detailed estimate of exactly what it will cost. The cost could vary from $100.00 for something simple to $2500 if the transfer case needs to be replaced. Once they check it out you will be able to decide if you want it fixed or not.
Tim, Ford Technician
Experience: Ford Senior Master tech, ASE certified
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok. Thank you.
Expert:  Tim replied 5 years ago.
You are very welcome.