Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Change lamp out module on 1996 Ford Explorer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

What arre you trying to do change the Lamp out modual?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I have an intermittent right headlamp low beam out. I have changed lamps and checked fuses. The lamp is out for a day or two and then after I hit a big pothole or the interior of the car warms up, the light will come back on and the CHECK Headlights warning can be reset.

I have researched it an I think I must have a problem with the Lamp Out Module, probably a bad solder joint.

What I really need to know is how to get the cover off the center console so that I can have access to the Lamp Out Module to check the soldering or to replace the Module.

The Lamp Out Warning Module is located in the instrument panel console.In most case you can get to it by removing the cup holder.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Is it just the one screw at the bottom of the cup holder or are there other clips or screws that must be removed to take the cover off?

I have read somewhere else that I remove the one screw and then pull back and up on the console cover to remove it. Is that all there is to it?

Yes that should be all you need to do.