CTFordTech
CTFordTech, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master School Certified, Kia Elite School Certified, ASE Certified, A/C 609 Certified
9926638

How much should it cost to replace a Flex Fuel pump on a 2000

How much should it cost to replace a Flex Fuel pump on a 2000 Ford Ranger (parts and labor)?

HelloCustomerand Thank you for choosing Just Answer.

The Fuel pump itself should be about $375-425 depending on where you purchase it from. The labor should be between 2.0-2.5 hours. The total should be about $600 total. If you need anything else, Please let me know.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I just wanted to be sure we're talking about a flex fuel pump. The guy made it sound like it was a big deal that the vehicle was flex fuel (harder to install and more expensive). He quoted me 775 for the pump with a grand total of $1104!!!

Thanks,
Scott
The pump I am looking up is only $400 for a Flex Fuel Ranger. If you are getting the price from a dealer, They tend to jack the price way up for some reason. Even the dealer I work at jacks the prices up. If you want my honest opinion, I would buy the pump from a local parts store and you can get the part for much cheaper. This is where I got my price and have them install that pump. The local parts store gives just as good as a warranty on the part as the dealer would. I myself would rather use a local parts store for prices than the dealer, and I even get a parts discount. Also, There is no additional labor as the pumps take the same labor to install.