Shawn
Shawn, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  16 years experience Ford,Nissan and Honda dealership in all areas
8633277

ford expedition: heater..fuse probelem and where is it located

my ford exepedition front heater is not working but the back one is working is there a fuse probelem and where is it located
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shawn replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-What year is your Ford?
-What model is your Ford?
-How many miles are on your Ford?
-What type of engine is in your Ford?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I am giving you the information needed.

year is 1998 ford expediction and type is v8 triton 5.4L

Mileage is 216076

so far I only check fues on the lower compartment of the driver side. I am waiting for my answer.

Thank you,

Customer/p>
Expert:  Shawn replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer

If the complaint is no temperature control of the front heater/AC system and all AC system tests pass, the engine temperature is ok, the heater hoses are hot, and the rear heater/AC system (if equipped) works fine, the problem is likely a broken Temperature Blend Door. To test, remove the function control panel. At the Temperature Control Knob, back probe the Yellow/Light Green wire with a digital voltmeter. This wire is the signal wire of the potentiometer in the Temperature Control Switch, which operates off a 5 volt reference from the Blend Door Actuator (BDA). The changing voltage on this wire informs the BDA of the requested temperature and it drives the Blend Door accordingly. With the key on, slowly rotate the knob back and forth while watching the voltmeter for a smooth transition between approximately 0.5 volts and 4.5 volts. If the voltage is correct and it is possible to hear or feel the BDA moving but the temperature is not changing, the Temperature Blend Door is broken and needs replacing.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I Just want you to know when I turn on the front AC it do not work either, so it is both Heater and AC at the front. Please reply to me thank you.

Customer/p>
Expert:  Shawn replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer

It definately sounds like either the Blend Door Actuator is defective or the actual Blend Door.