Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford Lincoln/Mercury and Jaguar dealer as a technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I need a serpentine belt diagram for a 2004 Ford Taurus SES

I need a serpentine belt diagram for a 2004 Ford Taurus SES 24V DOHC. I need one WITHOUT A/C routing because I need to temporarily by pass the A/C compressor until I have enough money to get it replaced.

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

Unfortunately in 2004 Ford did not make a Taurus with the DOHC engine without air conditioning so there is no belt that you can use.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok,

I was told I could use a length of string and route the string as I would as if I was replacing the belt except not to route the A/C compressor and get a belt close to that size. Will that work in a pinch? I just need to get by for a month.

Thanks in advance.
That may work but it will be very difficult to find a belt that size. You also need to take into account how far the tesioner is going to spring back.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Understood.

I will still need the serpentine belt routing diagram. I cannot locate it under the hood, or in the manual. I have also tried to locate it online, which brought me to this site.

Thanks.

Here is the routing diagram.

graphic