chris
chris, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master -Ford senior master-20 years experience
9504203

why dose my fuse for my dash gauges keep blowing

Customer Question

Category: Ford
Expert:  chris replied 7 years ago.

Hi there

Need some info - year -make- model

we can go back and forth on this page

Chris

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Very sorry I am at work and just have to much going on. I have a Eddie Bower 1997 ford expedition v8 5.4.

This is what happen last winter I was in 4wd high and going down a big hill in the snow I put it in 2ned but really went into 1st. ever sence then I always blow the fuse that powers my dash gages and my heads up display. the fuse that blows is the mini fuse number 29 and it powers auto lamp module, Instrument cluster, transmission control indicator light and switch. Every thime I put a new fuse in it blows but even with the fuse blowen I can still use 4wd it just dose not light up the switch when i put it in.

Expert:  chris replied 7 years ago.

Hi there

This fuse powers up the o/d switch too,, on the shift lever ,,the wires for the shift lever o/d switch runs throught the shift lever and then out it ,, and when the wires exit the shift lever the wires short out there ,,,so remove the upper and lower steering column shrouds and gain access to the wireing comeing out of the shift lever ,, check the wires very close and you will find them chafed ,,,tape them up and your on your way

graphic

graphic

Chris

Expert:  chris replied 7 years ago.

Hi there

If you need more info on this just ask

if not please hit the accept button

Thanks,,Chris

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Looks like it worked I pulled the whole wire out and taped it all the way up. Drove it a few times and has not blowen yet. Thanks great job its been driving me nuts for the last year now.

Christopher Walch