Vladgmru
Vladgmru, Automotive Electrician
Experience:  I've been working with American made cars since 1992.
12883947

FORD WINDSTAR: IT IS THE SAME AS THE ORIGINAL BUT I

HOW DO I PROGRAM A FORD WINDSTAR 1996 KEYFOB. LOST MY ORIGINAL AND PURCHASED ANOTHER. IT IS THE SAME AS THE ORIGINAL BUT I CANNOT SEEM TO GET IT PROGRAMMED. IS THE DATA LINK WHERE YOU JUMP PINS AND WHAT PINS? HOW?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 8 years ago.
HelloCustomer
Thanks for choosing JustAnswer.
My name is Vladimir.
Here is the procedure you asked:

NOTE: The electronic door lock control processor erases all previous keyless entry remote transmitter from memory when the keyless entry remotetransmitters are programmed or reprogrammed. The electronic door lock control processor can store up to four keyless entry remote transmitters in

memory.

To program (or reprogram) keyless entry remote transmitter into the electronic door lock control processor, perform the following steps:

1. Turn ignition switch to the RUN position and momentarily short the two terminals( grey/yellow and white/yellow wires) of the program connector taped to the wire assembly

and located behind the glove compartment. All doors should lock and then unlock. Remove shorting pin.

2. Press any button on keyless entry remote transmitter. All doors should lock and then unlock to verify the keyless entry remote transmitter

has been programmed. If door locks do not respond, press button again (up to three times maximum with the same keyless entry remote

transmitter).

3. Repeat the above step to program additional keyless entry remote transmitters into the electronic door lock control processor (up to four

keyless entry remote transmitters maximum).

4. Turn ignition switch OFF. All doors should lock and then unlock.

5. Check operation.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
How do I get behind the glove box? What shorting pin. Are you speaking about a screwdriver to short pins or what? I am a girl and very ignorant therefore, speak to me as if I don't know because I don't :)
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 8 years ago.
You should open your glove box and and gently press in on sides to release its stops, then try to find this connector.
You can use a screwdriver to short these teminals together, but a piece of wire would be better.
My English is not very well, so I have some limitation in describing Embarassed.