Dennis, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Technician,Ford Diesel Technician,ASE Master Technician,34 Years Ford Experience

I am replacing the windshield washer fluid hose on a 2003 Taurus.

I am replacing the windshield washer fluid hose on a 2003 Taurus. How do I remove and reinstall the piece of insulation on the underside of the hood? Any other tips regarding the replacement of this hose?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dennis replied 7 years ago.
Customer You need to remove the black push clips holding the insulation. I usually remove them with a diagonal cutter being careful not to cut them. Just walk them out side to side. If they break, you can purchase them at a local parts store. As you remove the insulation, you will see 2 washer lines connected to the washer nozzles. Carefully remove them from the plastic nozzle with a small screwdriver. Hope this answers your question and the info was helpful. Please accept this answer and give feedback. Thank you.