chris
chris, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master -Ford senior master-20 years experience
9504203

where is the turn signal flasher on a 1998 ford expedition

Customer Question

where is the turn signal flasher on a 1998 ford expedition?
Category: Ford
Expert:  chris replied 8 years ago.

graphic

HI there

Take a look at the pic above ,, on the bottom of the pic find the Blower /Flasher relay block, this is ware the flasher is located ,,look under the drivers side of the dash toward the center of the dash , up high and you will see a black box,, it has a cover over it ,,,remove the cover and the flasher is in there

any more info on this just ask , we can go back and forth on this page

Chris

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Still can not find it. and how would I get to it?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Let me make sure you are looking for the right thing.. I replace the turn signal lights with LEDS and need to replace the flasher unit. That is what I am trying to find!

Is what you showed me the same thing?

Expert:  chris replied 8 years ago.

You have a 1998 Ford Expedition ???? this is what I looked up ,,,,the pic i sent you was for a 1998 Expedition ---should be a black box ,,with a cover on it ,,,remove the cover and there are two relays in there one for the blower motor and one for the flashers

try this --- turn the blower motor on low ,,, and turn the mode switch for the a/c from off to vent ,,from off to vent and you should hear the blower motor relay go on and off

Chris

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Yes.. 1998 Ford expedition... still can not locate it.. Just had a second person try to locate it and could not find it.

Expert:  chris replied 8 years ago.

Ok -- then I can not help you anymore other then comeing to your house --- lol

I will opt out of this question and see if someone else can help you track it down

Thanks Chris

Expert:  chris replied 8 years ago.

Ok -- I am at work now and there is a unit here just like yours .. under the drivers side of the dash ,,, in front of the gas pedal ,,,, there is a black box ,,,its about 2 inchs wide and 4 inches long ,,, on top of this box is a black cover ,,, you must remove the cover to access to the flasher relay .

Chris

Expert:  chris replied 8 years ago.

Hi there , did you ever find the turn signial flasher ?

If you need more info on this just ask

if not please hit the accept button

Thanks,,Chris