Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford Lincoln/Mercury and Jaguar dealer as a technician and shop foreman.
10437779

BATTERY DRAIN OFF INTERIOR FUSE 33 CIRCUIT

Customer Question

THIS FUSE WHEN REMOVED ELIMINATES BATTERY DRAW. HOWEVER, MIKES ANSWER INDICATED THE FUSE TO BE EXCLUSIVE TO CLIMATE CONTROLS ONLY. I REMOVED CLIMATE CONTROL CLUSTER, UNPLUGGED IT AND TESTED WHITE/RED TRACER WIRE FOR SHORT BUT IT IS NOT THE PROBLEM. FUSE 33 ALSO WHEN REMOVED IS ASSOCIATED WITH TURN SIGNALS, WARNING, AND POSSIBLY ANTI-THEFT. IF I/WE CAN RESOLVE IT I GET PAID AND SO DO YOU / BONUS! THANK YOU. PLEASE RESPOND SOON.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Richard replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomer/p>

That fuse also powers the instrument cluster which may be your draw. You should disconnect the cluster to see if the draw goes away. Let me know how you make out.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

RICHARD, I REMOVED THE INSTR. CLUSTER , HEATER CONTROL HEAD/RADIO, DOME LIGHT, BUT THE DRAW IS STILL PRESENT. ALSO THERE IS CLICKING COMING FROM BEHIND FUSE PANEL AS I DESCRIBED IN MY FIRST E-MAIL TO YOU. RESPECTFULLY MARK.

Expert:  Richard replied 8 years ago.

Ok

That fuse panel is called a smart fuse box meaning it also acts like a module. It is possible that the circuit in the fuse box are causing the draw. I look at the schematic again to see what else is on the circuit.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
THANK YOU FOR RESPONDING, MARK
Expert:  Richard replied 8 years ago.

Your welcome.

I'm still looking through the diagrams.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

HELLO RICHARD, ANY UPDATED ADVICE ON TAURUS PROBLEM? MARK

Expert:  Richard replied 8 years ago.

Did you remove the RCC module located behind the glove box, the instrument cluster, multifunction switch, and the climate control head? If you removed all those what was the amp draw? What is the draw when you remove the fuse? Those are all the components tied to that fuse other then the power to the fuse box itself. Also this will sound weird but I need you to check all the fuses to make sure none are blown. I got burned on a car that has a blown interior fuse which believe it or not caused a module to stay powered up. Let me know when you can.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I'M ON IT , I WILL LET YOU KNOW, THANKS MARK
Expert:  Richard replied 8 years ago.

Ok Mark

Let me know.