Clayso
Clayso, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 years experience full service, all makes and models. I fix cars.
9358908

1995 Ford Explorer: drivers side..s side seat belt

Customer Question

My 1995 Ford Explorer driver's side seat belt will not stay clasped. It pops apart frequently, even with very little movement on my part. If I buy a replacement seat belt, is it safe to install it myself, or can the seat belt be repaired less expensively by a dealer? Do I need to buy a seat belt that is designed especially for my make and model or will any model work just as well?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Clayso replied 8 years ago.

Hi there. Here is the removal procedure, it does not look that bad. If you decide to do it yourself, select the accept button and I will post the installation procedure with torque specs. Let me know if you want the installation procedure.

This is a dealer item only.

graphic

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Clayso- I would like the installation procedure! Thank you! Will it be e-mailed to me or how do I view the post?
Expert:  Clayso replied 8 years ago.

Hi there. Here are the installation instructions.

graphic

graphic