Shawn, Ford Senior Master Technician
Experience:  20+ years Ford, Lincoln, Mercury experience, Senior Master Ford Tech, ASE Re-Certified Master Tech

1999 Crown Victoria: Heater..does not blow hot air..operating properly

Customer Question

Heater on my 1999 Crown Victoria does not blow hot air. 4.6 engine, all other contros appear to be operating properly.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shawn replied 7 years ago.

How warm does your temperature gauge get up to? Does it get to the Normal area??

What temperature are your heater hoses going to & coming from the heater core?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Temperature is normal, I have not felt of hoses.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Are you waiting for me??
Expert:  Shawn replied 7 years ago.

Feel the heater hoses, they should be very hot. If one hose is hot & the other one is cold, then you have a clogged heater core.

If both hoses are hot, then you more than likely have a temperature blend door that is broken or a temperature blend door actuator or control knob concern.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I want the heater repaired and working, that was the intent of this inquirie. We still don't know how to repair and make workable. Where do we go from here and when is the next effort to extort?
Expert:  Shawn replied 7 years ago.
ok, sounds as if we are on different matters here, so I am going to opt out.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Accept answer: No. We may have a difference in viewpoints. I wanted to find out what the trouble was and to find a way to make the repairs. This guy didn't give me any definitave answers and then bowed out. Not at all happy with any part of this transaction.
Expert:  Shawn replied 7 years ago.

I have given you things that need to be checked & a direction to go, I cannot fix the vehicle myself over the computer.

I need assistance from you either as the mechanic or owner that is going to fix it hisself. I am opting out because you are very impatient & unwilling to take advice.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No, I definately do not accept the answer. Nor do I leave feeling impressed with this program. A totally unsatisfactory experience. One could get a better answer from a local NPA store.