ase_master327, Shop Owner
Experience:  +15 years experience with Fords. Bumper to bumper diagnosis & repair.

Replace the fuel pressure regulator on a 2001 ranger edge 6 cyc 3.0 ?

How do you replace the fuel pressure regulator on a 2001 ranger edge 6 cyc 3.0 ?
Hello, and thank you for choosing Just Answer!

80 PSI, WOW, thats alot! Safe to say it REALLY sounds lie the regulator is messing up, or not getting enough vacuum to it.

The fuel pressure regulator is not that hard to change on this engine. Just 2 screws and a vacuum hose. Be sure to use a new O-ring when you change it. And the screws are torqued to 27-40 in/lb. Here is what I have in the way of instructions.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Where is the fuel pressure regular?
I am pulling up a few different locations. It is going to be on the fuel rail, though.
What is the 8th VIN digit of the Ranger?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

There is something that looks like it could be a regulator on the fuel rail, I just don't see how it would come off. It has a vacume line or something similar that splits before it is attached to it and the split off part goes to a cylinder (round thing) in the front of the truck that is mounted to the fire wall. Sorry for being so vague I am a nursing student not a mechanic but can't afford the $225.00 repair bill for having this repaired at a shop. I felt that I was being taken advantage of when they charged me $50.00 to hook up a gauge to my fuel rail to measure the pressure. Thank you

WOW $50 to check the fuel pressure?
I bet you don't want them doing very many things to your truck, with a price like that!

Anyways, the screws on it should be allen head screws. If there aren't any, then it just unscrews from the rail.. but if I'm not mistaken, the only ones that screw off are on the 4.0 engine.

Anyways, that is the regulator.. Here is a picture showing how the insides of it are: