Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2000 TOWN CAR: THE BLOWER MOTOR DONT WORK AND THE SWITCHES..FUSES

Customer Question

I HAVE A 2000 TOWN CAR. THE BLOWER MOTOR DON'T WORK AND THE SWITCHES HAS NO EFFECT. I CHECKED THE FUSES AND THEY ARE OK. WHAT DO YOU THINK.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 years ago.

Hello Customer'm Chris, a current Ford Lincoln Mercury employee.

Thanks for visiting Just Answer. I will do my very best to help you resolve your concerns.

Is it inop on all fan speeds from low to high?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Hi Chris,thanks for the reply.Yes it is inop on all fan speeds.Also,if I run a jumper from the blower motor red wire to ground,the motor will run. But still no off/on response.I also switched out the controll box in the dash.

Below is a diagram pinting out the checks which must be made. Odds are this is a fualty speed controller located under the hood on the firewall near the passenger cylinder head.

graphic

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Hi Chris,sorry for the delay.I only can do any troubleshoting when I get in from work.

As I was checking fuses,wiring,etc,per your instructions,everything started to work except for the control button on the steering wheel.I can control the up/down fan speed on the dash,but only the down speed on the steering wheel.Look like I got a short somewhere. I will keep working in that area.

Thanks.

You most likely are looking at a faulty switch or contact in the steering wheel control for it to only work in one direction.