Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford Lincoln/Mercury and Jaguar dealer as a technician and shop foreman.
10437779

2003 Crown: The compressor is working but no fan to circulate

Customer Question

2003 Crown Vic 32000 miles. The fan for air and heat stopped working over night. The compressor is working but no fan to circulate. I checked all fuses and all are good also my check engine light has come on an I can't engage the OD control, light stays on.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Richard replied 8 years ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

Sounds like you have more then one problem. As far as the check engine light and od light there are stored codes in the pcm that will need to be read with a compatible scan tool. You can go to your local parts store or autozone as they will usually scan your car at no charge. Once you have those codes let me know what they are so I can assist you with the diagnosis and repair. For the blower you need to check for power at the pink/white and ground at the orange/black or orange /red depending on if you have auto climate control. If you have no ground I suspect a faulty resistor for manual climate and a speed controller if you have auto climate. If you have no power then you may have a bad relay or blown fuse. Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I checked all fuses and they are functioning. I don't want to pull the entire dash apart and the codes will not help me fix the problem. I have climate control but fan still inoperatable.
Expert:  Richard replied 8 years ago.
You will need the codes for the check engine light. The blower motor is located under the hood on the passenger side and it's easily accessible.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The fan does not work on manual or auto.
Expert:  Richard replied 8 years ago.
You need to check for power an ground at the motor. I don't like to guess but the most common problem is the blower motor controller.