Ray M.
Ray M., Ford Master Tech
Experience:  30+ years in trade, Ford Master Tech, Journeyman Automotive Tech

I have 2000 ford f 250 battery drain when truck sits it has

Customer Question

I have 2000 ford f 250 battery drain when truck sits it has draw of 10.80 volts or so
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ray M. replied 7 years ago.
You need to perform a draw test with an ammeter,this should be done from the pos post to the positive cable.It should have .02 amps draw or less.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I didn't know if there is a common problem with these trucks draining the battery u could tell me about
Expert:  Ray M. replied 7 years ago.
The only problem that I have seen that could be called common is the alternator will short out inside and cause a drain,If you unplug the alt and remove the bettery wire from it the drain should go away.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I tried the Alt thing already the was no change some is still staying on I guess I will keep searching I will accept and I do thank u for your time if u think of any thing please keep me in mind and how do I contact u if I need help on other things I have 30 diesel and a bunch of ford pick up I need a source the aren't so nice sometimes thank u
Expert:  Ray M. replied 7 years ago.
I will be on this site,just request me.I will keep looking to see if I can come up with an answer for you.