mustangmike
mustangmike, Ford Technician
Experience:  13YRS AS A FORD CERTIFIED TECH, PRESIDENTS AWARD WINNER FOR CUSTOMER SATISFACTION EVRY YR SINCE 1996
11027379

How do I change the dashboard light bulbs on my 2002 Ford Taurus SE?

just remove the trim piece from around the cluster, and remove the cluster, then replace the blown bulbs, it's not a bad job, i believe all the screws are 7mm.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for the reply...is there any website that would show a detailed diagram and/or even a video showing the steps involved for being able to change the bulbs?

heres a diagram i found.

REMOVAL & INSTALLATION

See Figures 1 through 5

Click image to see an enlarged viewFig. 1: Remove the instrument cluster lens and... Click image to see an enlarged viewFig. 2: ... mask assembly from the cluster to access the gauges Click image to see an enlarged viewFig. 3: The fuel/temperature gauge assembly Click image to see an enlarged viewFig. 4: The speedometer/odometer assembly Click image to see an enlarged viewFig. 5: The tachometer assembly

1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
  2. Remove the instrument cluster.
  3. Remove the retaining screws for the instrument cluster lens and mask assembly.
  4. Remove the cover and lens.
  5. Remove the retaining screws for the gauge or warning lamp to be replaced and remove the gauge or warning lamp.

To install:

1. Place the gauge or warning lamp into place and tighten the retaining screws.
  2. Install the instrument cluster lens and cover assembly.
  3. Install the instrument cluster.
  4. Connect the negative battery cable.

you might try youtube for a video.

hope this helps

mike