Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford Lincoln/Mercury and Jaguar dealer as a technician and shop foreman.

95 T-Bird 4.6 V8 LX cranks but wont start.

I have a 95 T-Bird 4.6 V8 LX cranks but won't start. Replaced both coil packs no dice . Replaced Ignition control modual no dice. Tested with DTC scanner for error codes none registered, none even after a sensor was disconnected. At one point a P1000 showed up, but that could be anything. Need help please.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

1995 Ford thunderbird 4.6 v8 lx

Already Tried:
coil pack replacement, ignition control modular, dtc scanner no codes except once briefly p1000 came up. cranks but won't start

Hello and welcome to

I assume that you have no spark. You should check the crank sensor connection as the pins on the connector sometimes loosen up. You shuld also check the eec/pcm relay inside the IRCM. Here is a schematic to make sure you also have all your powers to the coils and module. The Integrated Relay Control Module is located at the RH front of the engine compartment, mounted on the upper radiator support.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Where is the crankshaft sensor located?

The Crankshaft Position Sensor is located at the lower RH front of the engine. The a/c compressor will be in the way if removing the sensor.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
My son found the wires going to it but as you said the ac compressor is blocking it. He can't get to it. So Wed. he and his dad are going to take the compressor off and check it. Thank you for being so patient. I will get back to you when they check it. Hopefully that's it.

Tell them to just try wiggling the connector and see if it will start. Also check the ircm to make sure it's operating properly. If you have any questions about the wiring diagram let me know.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you so much we replaced the crank sensor, something was cracked, anyway once they got it on and everything connected it started right up.