AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

what is the fuel pump relay location 2002 ford mustang v6

Category: Ford
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Already Tried:
2001 ford mustang v6 no start
engine has spark, fuel pump fuse is good, no fuel pressure
trying to find fuel pump relay. Am I looking in the right place$
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 5 years ago.

Hello!

On this year mustang, Ford uses a fuel pump driver module. There is no fuel pump relay. Here is a wiring diagram.

graphic

The Fuel Pump Driver Module (FPDM) communicates diagnostic information to the powertrain control module (PCM) through the Fuel Pump Monitor (FPM) circuit. This information is sent by the FPDM as a duty cycle signal. The three duty cycle signals that may be sent are listed in the table.

graphic

Fuel Pump Monitor

Applications Using a Fuel Pump Relay for Fuel Pump On/Off Control
The Fuel Pump Monitor (FPM) circuit is spliced into the Fuel Pump Power (FP PWR) circuit and is used by the PCM for diagnostic purposes. The PCM sources a low current voltage down the FPM circuit. With the fuel pump off, this voltage is pulled low by the path to ground through the fuel pump. With the fuel pump off and the FPM circuit low, the PCM can verify that the FPM circuit and the FP PWR circuit are complete from the FPM splice through the fuel pump to ground. This also confirms that the FP PWR or FPM circuits are not shorted to power. With the fuel pump on, voltage is now being supplied from the fuel pump relay to the FP PWR and FPM circuits. With the fuel pump on and the FPM circuit high, the PCM can verify that the FP PWR circuit from the fuel pump relay to the FPM splice is complete. It can also verify that the fuel pump relay contacts are closed and there is a B+ supply to the fuel pump relay

AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN
Experience: ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 5 years ago.

Wait... I take that back. There is a fuel pump relay.

It is located in the Integrated Control Relay Module

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 5 years ago.

The Integrated Control Relay Module is located on the right hand side of the engine comparment.

graphic

graphic

graphic