ase_master327
ase_master327, Shop Owner
Experience:  +15 years experience with Fords. Bumper to bumper diagnosis & repair.
907259

1999 ford contour: keeps blowing..fuel pump fuse..unhook..turn key

Customer Question

1999 ford contour 2.0 keeps blowing fuel pump fuse, put knew pump in and still does its. unhook fuel pump ,turn key on blow fuse again.
Category: Ford
Expert:  ase_master327 replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for chosing Just Answer!

The fuse keeps blowing, because there is a short in the wiring... somewhere..

Anyways, here is the diagram of the system, so you have a better idea where to look for the short circuit.

If you need anything else, just let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
TODAY, THE FUSES DIDN'T BLOW FOR AND CODE CAME UP A CODE 1233 &CODE1237 SOMETHING ABOUT AFUEL PUMP DRIVE MODULE STAYING OPEN CIRCUIT STAYING ON WHERER IS THIS FOUND AT?
OK.. the Fuel pump module is the pump itself.. which you have already changed, and proven it is not the problem, because the fuse still blows when it is disconnected.

I recommend pulling the PCM Relay, and the fuel poump relay (one at a time)... first, then check if the fuse still blows..

They are located in the junction box by the battery.. Here is their loactions in the box: (K4, and K163).. Pull 1 at a time then check the fuse again... Start with the Fuel pump relay, then the PCM one... .Let me know what you find.
graphic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
are fuse box under the hood doesn't look like your fuses box at all. but I'm sure we do the same thing anyway,wright?
OK, I have the wrong information.. But the process wil still be the same.

The best way I can serve yuop is to get someone who has the correct information.

Hang in there.. they will come along as soon as they see it.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I HAVE A FORD COUNTOUR 1999 2.0 IT,S KEEP,S BLOWING THE FUEL PUMP FUSE, WE PUT KNEW FUEL PUMP & FITER ON IT STILL BLOW FUSE, UNHOOK IT (fuel pump)STILLL BLOW FUSE. This last time we did got acode off the computer and it said 1233 &1237 fuel pump drive module open. we need a little help here thank you