CTFordTech
CTFordTech, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master School Certified, Kia Elite School Certified, ASE Certified, A/C 609 Certified
9926638

Expedition: 4x4 control module, actuator motor on transfer case..acts

Customer Question

have a 03 expidition with no 4x4, no 4x4 lights on dash. replaced 4x4 control module, actuator motor on transfer case and 4x4 selector switch. still nothing, acts like no power in circut. checked all fuses etc, using a snap on modis it also would not pull any codes. at wits end. motor is a 5.4. thanks for your help
Category: Ford
Expert:  CTFordTech replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomerand Thank you for choosing Just Answer.

• When you start the vehicle, Do any 4x4 indicators come on in the dash?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

no lights come on in the dash. after the problem started i replaced the actuator motor and still it did not work but at that time the 4x4 light would flash on the dash. right or wrong i figured maybe the computer needed to reset so i disconnected the battery for 10 minutes. since that time there has been no indicator lights on the dash. if you want to call me my cell number is XXXXX thanks john

Ok, then. Seeing as you replaced the motor, module and switch. There could only be 2 other problems. One is a bad IWE Solenoid which is located behind the battery box next to the firewall. These solenoids go bad often on the Expedition's and F150's and could be your problem. I cannnot garuntee that it is your problem because the pinpoint test that I have wants you to use a Ford Scan tool and do a Self Test on the System and watch some Data PID's which the Modis does not allow you to do. The other problem you could have is a broken wire somewhere in the circuit.