Arthur wynn
Arthur wynn, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ase master recerified automotive tech for 10 years ford master deisel certified tech ase truck certi
9764372

1993 Ford f 350: 7.3l..glow plug..the driver side battery..clicks

Customer Question

I have a 1993 Ford f 350 7.3l diesel.I have a problem with the glow plug system,I put a new glow plug controller and barometer sensor,I also charged the batteries and changed the driver side battery.The controller just clicks do you have any ideas .I even got another new controller and same thing happens ,just clicks.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Arthur wynn replied 8 years ago.
Hey dave sorry to hear about your problem but I hope I can help first thing is the controller clicking once and multiple times I know with this engine the glow plugs themselves wear out and go electrically open I would test all 8 glow plugs if you have a 12v test light disconnect all the glow plug connectors attach the clamp of the test light to the battery positive and touch the top of all the glow plugs once at a time the light should come on if there is continuity in the glow plug if it doesn't then the glow plug is open and should be replaced this is a fairly simple test and should help you narrow down your problem if all glow plugs are good then inspect you power and ground wires to the relay for corrosion or poor connection.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I forgot to tell you that the first thing I did was change all the glow plugs with new ones.I will check the connections and change the other battery tomorrow.Davis