chris
chris, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master -Ford senior master-20 years experience
9504203

How to replace heater switch on ford focus 2000

how to replace heater switch on ford focus 2000
Category: Ford
Expert:  chris replied 8 years ago.

Hi there

Before you go and replace more parts on this ,,,would you like to do some testing with me so we can find out what the problem is,,, if so tell me what is not working ,,the blower motor ???

If not I will give you the info you wanted

Thanks,,,,Chris

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
on my 2000 focus, the heater blower works only on no.3 switch position and it turn on the a.c. every time i select the no. 3 position .
Expert:  chris replied 8 years ago.

Ok ---then you are the right track ,,,I would have told you to replace the blower motor resistor too-----but you have done that so the next step is the switch ---so here is the info -----

ok --the first thing you have to do is remove the radio --and you need radio tools ---they look like this

graphic

but you probly do not have these ,,,but its ok ,you can make your own ,,,grab a wire hanger and cut the bottom section off of it ,,,then cut that section in half ,,,now bend both pieces into two U-shaped tools ,,,,now you have radio tools -----insert the tools into each side of the radio about one inch in ---

graphic

then you have to do two motions at the same time with the tools ,,,look at the arrows above ---pull both tools away from each other to release the clips and then pull out on the tools and the radio will slide out ----once the radio is out ,,there is four bolts to remove

graphic

then pop off the panel and unplug all the connectors on it --now there is four more bolts to remove that hold the a/c switches in place

graphic

and then you have access to the blower motor switch

any more info ,,just ask

Chris