Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Auto Trans, Drivability and Electrical Specialist
9600325

95 Ford Taurus: dies..it in drive, reverse, and today accelerating

Customer Question

My 95 Ford Taurus dies sometimes when I put it in drive, reverse, and today accelerating from a stop. What might be the problem, and solution?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 8 years ago.
There's quite a few components that can cause this issue.I am assuming the car starts right back up every time it stalls.I would start by cleaning the throttle body and the iac valve and the maf sensor.I use carb cleaner on the throttle body and iac valve and electrical contact cleaner on the maf.you want to spray the hot wires on the maf and lightly blow off with compressed air.The throttle body can be sprayed at the plate and wiped clean or blown out with compressed air.I recommend removing the iac valve and cleaning the valve portion of the assembly then blowing out with compressed air.I also would disconnect the battery for 30 minutes or so to clear the computer memory and idle control strategies.
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 8 years ago.
Was there anything else I can help you with?