chris, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master -Ford senior master-20 years experience

Have a e350 need to know how to get diagram of door mechanism,

Have a e350 need to know how to get diagram of door mechanism, is broken and can't get door open to remove.

Hi there

Need some info

is this the far rear cargo doors of the van --- there is two doors a left and right --- which one has the problem ---the drivers side or the passenger side

and if the cables are broken to the upper and lower door latches ,,,then ware are the cables broken ???--- by the handle or by the latches ????

we can go back and forth on this page

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The passenger door in the back. Both cables are broken at the door mechanism. This is the mechanism in the middle of the door.

if you remove number 12 in the pic above you can gain access to both cables and then if the cables are broken there , you can pull on both cables with a long noise pliers to unlatch the latches ,,, if the cables are broken down into the black plastic and you can not get to them with a pliers ,,,then cut the cables black plastic back some until you can get to the inner cable and then pull on it to release the latches ---

usaly what goes wrong on these all the time is that number 12 has to be replaced due to its broken , ware the cables attach to it ,,,the bracket moves around and then you do not have enough throw to open the door ,,,I have never seen both cables brake before...

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Both cables are completely off the mechanism as well as the inside and outside opening handles.

on the right rear cargo there is one door latch and its in the center of the door opening ,,, if the cable going to the latch is not on the door latch anymore then you have to use a flash light and look inside the door at the latch and see ware the cable secures to the latch,,,,,there your will see the arm that the cable moves ,,,,make sure the door is unlocked and use your finger or a flat bladed screw driver to pull on the lever that cable goes to ,,,to open the door

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have been trying this for 4plus hours, without success. The lock mechanism is in the way. Do you or anyone have an exploded view of the mechanism itself. Being as the cables, both of them, are no longer attached there isn't a way to figure what moves the mechanism.

does this help any

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Sorry had to go run some errands...not really can't figure where the release mechanism is for the latch. That is my problem, don't know how the latch works and what tab or lever to pull to make it release.

I dont know either --- I wish I was there --- but I would make sure its unlocked and follow either handle cable and what ever they went to is the lever I would mess with ----

I am out of ideals for now,, if you want I can OPT out of this question and see if anyone else has some info for you ,,, it may take some time ,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No problem will try to get a mechanism from the salvage yard tomorrow, then I can see up close and personal how it works.
I will close out tomorrow and let you know so if someone else has this issue you can answer....
Thanks for your help

ok ,,,good luck

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Got the mechanism and there is a dog ear that is on the right hand side next to the inside part of the door, it is hidden behind the door lock mechanism, you pull it towards the door hinge or away from the mechanism edge of the door.
It takes an extremely small hand to get to it unless you drill out the riviet holding the lock solenoid and remove the lock linkage.
Hope this might help someone else in the future.

Ok - thanks for the info ---glad you got it open