Chris (aka- Moose), Ford Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Ford.
2499435

2002 ford taurus: I wXXXXX XXXXXe the blend door..ses

Customer Question

Hello, I wXXXXX XXXXXe the blend door on my 2002 ford taurus ses, can you tell me how to do it and how to do it. Thanks.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris, a current Ford Lincoln Mercury employee.

Thanks for visiting Just Answer. I will do my very best to help you resolve your concerns by asking questions if needed then suppling a answer. Gaining your TRUST in myself and knowledge is my goal. I try my hardest to respond in a timely matter and I will respond to any reply anytime I am on line.

Are you needing to replace the complete door or the door actuator?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I want to fix my heater by replacing the heater blend door

Have you gotten the dash out already?

Have you diagnosed and visually seen the broken blend door and ruled it as the correct fault and not something else?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes I been to the shop they told me that I need to replace the blend door and this cost 850usd.
graphicgraphicgraphicgraphicgraphicgraphicgraphicgraphicgraphicgraphic
Chris (aka- Moose), Ford Technician
Experience: 16 years experience with Ford.

Here is the first diagram agin since it appears to have not come thru.

graphic

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
please can you send a clear and lisible pictures and message??
These are the only pics and diagrams ford offers for this.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
that's it no more help?

How can I help you more?

I have posted all the instructions to remove the dash and heater evaporator core?

I am not understanding what else you need?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the pictures you sent are not clear and can't read easily
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
please can you send big and clear pictures???

You can blow them up by opening them and holding control and rolling the wheel on your mouse.

If I have to go thru and blow each up and then copy and paste them it would be about 60 clips and take over an hour.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
do i need to open inside the car or under the hood
You have to remove the comlplete dash and set it on the ground outside the vehicle. All of this is done from the inside. Then you have to work inside the car and under the hood to remove the heater box housing. Then disassemble it to get to the blend door.