Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford Lincoln/Mercury and Jaguar dealer as a technician and shop foreman.

2003 Mercury Sable: ac..I turn the digital temp gauge..blows cold air

I have a 2003 Mercury Sable and the heat is not working on it. The AC still works and when I turn the digital temp gauge up to activate the heat it still blows cold air. What could be causing this issue?

Hello and welcome to

Sounds like you may have a problem with the temperature blend door motor or dor itself. Try this self test to see if a code will display. Press and hold the OFF and FLOOR buttons at the same time. Then release both and hit the AUTO button. This will activate the test. If you get a code 24 or 25 then you will need to check the blend door motor operation. Let me know how you make out.