Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Cruise control for my 2002 Ford Explorer does not engage.

Cruise control for my 2002 Ford Explorer does not engage. Does it work with a fuse? I cannot locate the fuse that pertains to it.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

There are 2 fuses you should check Fuse 9 and Fuse 10 in the central junction bux under the dash.

Verify that Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) signal is present to the speed control servo on the Grey/Black (GY/BK) wire from the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). This circuit also supplies the VSS signal to the cluster for speedometer operation so if the speedometer reads properly, the PCM is generating an output signal.

If the VSS signal is present to the servo, verify that the power supplies and grounds are good before replacing the servo assembly.

A. A Grey/Yellow (GY/YE) wire supplies ignition-fed battery voltage to pin 7 of the servo from fuse 10 (7.5 amp) of the Central Junction Box (CJB).

B. A Black/Yellow (BK/YE) wire supplies hot-at-all-times power to pin 9 of the servo from fuse 9 (7.5 amp) of the CJB through the deactivator switch at the master cylinder.

C. A Pink/Orange (PK/OG) wire supplies the servo a ground at pin 10.