Ray M.
Ray M., Ford Master Tech
Experience:  30+ years in trade, Ford Master Tech, Journeyman Automotive Tech
11409661

removal of rear dual tires and brakes on 2002 E450

Customer Question

Category: Ford
Expert:  Shawn replied 6 years ago.

HiCustomer

-Does it have drum or disc brakes on the rear?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
disc.I cant not removal the wheel either.All lugs are off do I remove the center steel cap that is held on by 8 bolts
Expert:  Shawn replied 6 years ago.

HiCustomer

Here is some information for you about the rear disc brake replacement

graphic

graphic

graphic

After replacing rear wheels make sure to pump brake pedal to ensure firm pedal before placing in gear

Expert:  Ray M. replied 6 years ago.
Customer/p>

No the center 8 bolts just hold the axle in to the hub,you will need to get a long pry bar and get in behind the rim between the rim and brake disc and gently pry out,the wheel is rusted to the hub and needs to be broke loose,spraying a lube like WD40 around the inner part of the rim will help also. When you get the rims off there will be 2 16mm head bolts in the caliper that bolt to the caliper mount,remove these and then remove the caliper,replace the brake pads and slides provided in the new pad kit,then with a C-clampand an old pad push the pistons back into the the caliper to make clearance for the new pads,reinstall the caliper,install and tighten the bolts,repat for the other side.

Expert:  Shawn replied 6 years ago.

HiCustomer

After lugnuts are removed try hitting or kicking the tire to jar the wheel loose, do not pry on the rotor you may cause damage to the rotor.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I had to go buy a Chilton book on it.Its alot more detailed and easier to understand with it in front of me.Thanx anyway.I dont think I would be able to attack that job.
Expert:  Ray M. replied 6 years ago.
Okay,hope you find a good shop to do the job.