Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

2005 ford taurus will not start no nothing have lights and

Customer Question

2005 ford taurus will not start no nothing have lights and radio and the car does nothing when i turn the key engine dash lights come on but no clicks no nothing engine does not turn over   this has happen 5 times in the past month i come out later and then the car will run i take it to the shop and they can find nothing wrong with it the car has 60000 mile on it
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris, a current Ford Lincoln Mercury employee.

Thanks for visiting Just Answer. I will do my very best to help you resolve your concerns by asking questions if needed then suppling a answer. Gaining your TRUST in myself and knowledge is my goal. I try my hardest to respond in a timely matter and I will respond to any reply anytime I am on line.

Is it inoperable right now?

Remove the key and shut the doors, is the theft light blinking slow?

With the key in the ignition and the ley turned 2 positions forward does the theft light go solid and then go out or does it flash rapidly?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
sorry but the car is at a parking lot and i am at home
I guess I will have to hear from you tommorrow on this concern once checked?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

so are you telling me that if it goes out it will start if it flashes rapidly it will not start give me the scenerio to expect when one or the other happens

If the light goes out while the key is in the run position after the momentarly solid lite indication then the PATS system see a correct key and should allow starting. If it blinks rapid then it sees the key as bad. Meaning the keys are faulty or the systems antennea on the ignition is not picking up the key.

If the car still will not start and no rapid blinking light then the concern is elsewhere in the starting circuit like the trans TR sensor or the starter relay or the ignition lock cylinder or ignition switch or the starter.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thank you
Your welcome