CTFordTech, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master School Certified, Kia Elite School Certified, ASE Certified, A/C 609 Certified

2005 Ford: Five Hundred..control module located..trunk

I just purchased a used 2005 Ford Five Hundred. Where is the "computer" or control module located? I looked in the trunk and up under the dash but cannot seem to find it. I need to get the factory numbers off of it so I can re-program my keyless entry. Thanks

HelloCustomerand Thank you for choosing Just Answer.

The Keyless Entry code may or may not be on the back of the Smart Junction Block located under the dash on the drivers side. It is just a tag that is put on the back and and have been taken off at some point during the life of the car. The onlt other way to get the code is to have the dealer hook up the scan tool and retrieve it for you.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Where under the dash on the drivers side is it located? I had the bottom panel off under the steering wheel and did not see it. Is it on the inside of the firewall? There is a box right in front of me that has three junctions of wires going into it. The wire junctions have what look like switches but are actually "locks" that hold the connections to the box. Is this the module. It doesn't look like modules I have seen before if it is the right box. Thanks.

Yes, That is the box you are looking for. It has many connections going into that do lock in. This is the Smart Junction Block. You will have to unbolt it and take a peak behind it and see if the tag is still on it for the keyless entry.