ttiger79
ttiger79, Auto mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, Advanced Level Engine Performance
2207141

ford f150: my truck..liter engine..Using a digital obd2..circuit high

Customer Question

my truck is a ford f150 5.4 liter engine. Using a digital obd2, po113 intake air temperature circuit high input. How can I repair this?
Category: Ford
Expert:  ttiger79 replied 8 years ago.
Hi!
What is the model year of your F-150?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
1999!
Expert:  ttiger79 replied 8 years ago.
Ok,
First, check to make sure that the intake temp sensor is plugged in. Here's where it's located:

graphic

If the sensor isn't plugged in properly or the connector is damaged, you will get this code. Check this first, and let me know what you find. I can tell you where to go from here.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
well i checked everything and the connection of the sensor looks fine, the same reading still appears though, C, EV, O, OH, E, p0113 yellow led. What now? Oh yeah and when you turn on the engine there is a sound as if there is air coming out of the air intake (under).
Expert:  ttiger79 replied 8 years ago.
If you are hearing air from the intake, you could have a vacuum leak, but it's not an uncommon sound for the plastic intakes to make that noise. The P0113 is specifically an intake air temp. sensor code. Disconnect the connector and check the resistance across the two pins in the sensor. What is the resistance of the sensor? Also, key on, do you get a voltage signal on either of the two wires in the connector that plugs into the sensor?