Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

2005 Ford f150: fail safe..P2112(Throttle Actuator Control System

I have a 2005 Ford f150 and my truck cut off yesterday. The fail safe mode code was displayed. Got diagnostic codes and had P2104(Throttle Actuator Control System-Forced Idle) and P2112(Throttle Actuator Control System-Stuck closed). I think it is the TPS but am not sure.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris, a current Ford Lincoln Mercury employee.

Thanks for visiting Just Answer. I will do my very best to help you resolve your concerns by asking questions if needed then suppling a answer. Gaining your TRUST in myself and knowledge is my goal. I try my hardest to respond in a timely matter and I will respond to any reply anytime I am on line.

Your vehicle uses an electronic throttle body, so there is no cable running from the throttle to the accelerator pedal. Even though this is not recommend, it is a cheaper try. Remove the air intake system to gain access to the throttle body. Turn the key to run with the truck off. Have someone hold the throttle open full by way of the accelerator pedal. Now use a carb cleaner spray and a tooth brush and clean the throttle body bore and plate and plate edges very well. Now remove the negative battery cable for 30 minutes to clear all codes and prior strategies. Now reassemble and give it a shot. If this fails then you are going to need to replace the complete throttle body. The likley cause here is carbon and oil deposits have caused the plate to stick and caused the motor to ETB motor to fail or go to failsafe since it could not move it.

Did you get it fixed?